Organised by Fr James Gallagher SDB and Mr Kevin Regan, the 7th Annual Salesian Student Leadership Gathering took place at Savio House in March 2011.
The continued success of these events was evident in the presence of fifty three students accompanied by their teachers. This was the largest gathering to date.
As always the students met to share their ideas from across the six Salesian schools of the GBR province (five SDB and one FMA). This year’s priority was the revised charter which the students designed collaboratively in October 2010.
The Charter will now be used across all the Salesian schools as a statement of our young people’s vision. The charter includes the badge of Saint John Bosco College, signifying that the Salesian spirit will continue and flourish in the new school.
The text reads (from top left clockwise):
One Family in the Eyes of John Bosco
- We respect the members of the Salesian community all over the world.
- We will support each other in making difficult decisions and cooperate in a way that is caring and loving.
- We are schools with passion, progress, prospects and politeness.
- We will make School a playground: a place of respect and joy.
- We believe that all cultures and races should work together as one Salesian community.
- We respect and appreciate God’s creation.
- We will appreciate everyone and listen to their ideas.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.