The little church of Our Lady, now served by the Salesians, was built in 1869 and ten years later, when a larger church was built to serve the growing community, it was retained as the Lady Chapel for the new church.
In 2016, the Archdiocese of Southwark asked the Salesians of Don Bosco to take on the parish; this made great sense given that the Salesians have been in Battersea since 1887 running Sacred Heart parish and the secondary school, St John Bosco College.
The neighbourhood is now in the middle of intense renewal and building: the former Battersea Power Station site is now home to the largest residential building site in Europe. Recently the parish welcomed the new state of the art Embassy of the United States of America. The parish campus is seeing many changes also: the 1970's build primary school has been demolished to make way for a brand new state of the art school to serve the educational needs of the parish. We are proud to support and recommend the excellent St Mary's RC Primary School, which is part of a first class educational federation with Sacred Heart RC Primary School in our sister parish of Sacred Heart in Battersea West. A new development on parish land will fund much needed facilities for our parish that will include office space, disabled toilets, a brand new sacristy and a modern state of the art parish hall.
In time for the celebrations, the parish has launched a new website - visit www.ourladyschurch.org.uk