Signposts is a Salesian project for young adults (18-35) who have some life experience but are facing a time of major choice, sometimes without any sense of overall direction. It is for people who want to meet life as an adventure but also want to stack the odds in their favour through wise decisions.
The Signposts team is really excited at how things are developing, so we'd like to tell you more about the project - and ask for your help.
What does the programme involve?
An introductory workshop: A one-off event of a couple of hours that introduces the project and engages young adult participants (aged 18-35) in activities exploring how we make meaningful choices. Some people may have enough to take away with them from just this session, but we hope mamy participants will take up our invitation to join us for a residential weekend, where they will be able to explore their own decision-making process more deeply.
A residential weekend: We guide participants through the six Signposts stages (Ownership, Imagination, Valuing, Analysing, Synthesising) and provide a 'tool-kit for choice' offering a structure for the discernment process. Again, this may be enough to equip some particpants with all they need, but we also offer a third stage.
Individual guidance: The final stage offers individual support taking participants through the six signpost stages over a six month period with the aim of guiding participants to move forward in their own discernment.
So, get in touch if you:
- Would like to arrange a workshop to introduce your young adult group to the Signposts concept
- Don't belong to a group, but would like to come to our open workshop on 29th November
Want to get involved in supporting the Signposts project?
We need your help to grow the project and develop our online presence:
- Download our flyer and display it at your parish, college or group
- Tell people aboout Signposts in your newsletters & on social media
- Follow and retweet us on Twitter: @Signposts4life
- Share useful resources with us on life choices, discernment and vocation for young adults
- Contribute articles, videos, activities, photos for the resource area we're developing on our website
- Pray for the project as it evolves this year
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Signposts Project Development Team