Looking for a great way to spend part of your summer? Volunteer with our new Battersea Youth Project!
Read more about the project in our news section
Contact Sue at Salesian Youth Ministry
Want to develop youth work and leadership skills? Volunteer at Savio House!
We are recruiting Volunteers for 2017-18 based at our Youth Retreat Centre near Macclesfield
Volunteer Retreat Team Member
Why Savio House?
Woouldn't you love to ...
- Live in a Christian community that works for young people
- Wake up each day in a fantastic location in the Pennine hills
- Develop skills in working with young people
- Develop team working skills alongside qualified leaders
- Develop valuable planning and leadership skills
- Learn to create totally new resources
- Get free training in first aid, food hygiene, fire prevention training, health and safety etc
- Explore accreditation paths towards a future career working with young people
- Search out the answers to some of your deeper life questions
- Join a world-wide Salesian network of youth workers
- Receive a weekly allowance
- Have all food, accommodation and laundry provided
- Enjoy national conferences/events and meet up with other volunteers
- Have regular mentoring and support through the whole year- September- July
- Download and fill in an Application Form
- Call or email Savio House and talk to a member of the team for more information or to arrnge a visit
- 01625 575 405 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out Savio House's Facebook Page
UR Space offers GAP year opportunities for young people to live and work in a Salesian Christian Community based in Glasgow. It is an outreach project set up to work with children and young people in schools and parishes.
As a volunteer you will work as part of a team to prepare and present creative sessions, activities, prayers and reflections to encourage young people to explore their faith and reach their full potential.
As well as 'hands on' experience of working with young people you will have regular training and supervision.
Who can volunteer?
* Anyone who is a young adult (17+), Christian and enthusiastic about working for other young people and who is prepared to live and work as part of a team in an FMA community.
* Anyone with enthusiasm; an openness to learn new skills; an ability to reach out to others; a sense of humour; a desire to live and share our faith journey together; who is generous and willing to serve others.
The above opportunities are for a gap year with the Salesians and Salesian Sisters - but there are other Salesian Volunteering opportunities available through BOsco Volunteer Action (BOVA). If you would like to know more about BOVA then you can visit their pages here.