Want to develop youth work and leadership skills? Join the Savio House team!
Volunteer Retreat Team Members
We are recruiting Volunteers for 2019-20, to join the team at Savio House, our Youth Retreat Centre near Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Why Savio House? Well, wouldn't you love to ...
- Live in a Christian community that works for young people
- Wake up each day in a fantastic location in the Pennine hills
- Develop skills in working with young people
- Develop team working skills alongside qualified leaders
- Develop valuable planning and leadership skills
- Learn to create totally new resources
- Get free training in first aid, food hygiene, fire prevention training, health and safety etc
- Explore accreditation paths towards a future career working with young people
- Search out the answers to some of your deeper life questions
- Join a world-wide Salesian network of youth workers
- Receive a weekly allowance
- Have all food, accommodation and laundry provided
- Enjoy national conferences/events and meet up with other volunteers
- Have regular mentoring and support through the whole year- September- July
Download the documents below to apply: NB - please return your application by 8 July 2019
Call or email Savio House and talk to a member of the team for more information or to arrange a visit:
01625 575 405 email@example.com
UR Space Glasgow: GAP year opportunities for young people to live and work in a Salesian Christian Community.
URSpace is an outreach project set up by the Salesian Sisters to work with children and young people in schools and parishes.
As a volunteer you will work as part of a team to prepare and present creative sessions, activities, prayers and reflections to encourage young people to explore their faith and reach their full potential.
As well as 'hands on' experience of working with young people you will have regular training and supervision.
Who can volunteer?
* Anyone who is a young adult (17+), Christian and enthusiastic about working for other young people and who is prepared to live and work as part of a team in an FMA community.
* Anyone with enthusiasm; an openness to learn new skills; an ability to reach out to others; a sense of humour; a desire to live and share our faith journey together; who is generous and willing to serve others.
Serve Overseas with BOsco Volunteer Action!
Are you considering volunteering overseas? BOsco Volunteer Action (BOVA) is accepting applications for short and long term placements in 2018-19, and beyond. Recruitment goes on throughout the year, as there is no set start date for volunteering overseas with us.
For more information contact Fr James Gardner at BOVA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about BOVA then you can visit their pages here.
Download the current application form below: